Drawing by Zena Cardman

Monday, August 20, 2007

more lovely and more temperate

The one and only place I've ever been published, Brave Little Poem of the Day, was not really daily to begin with, as it actually changed the featured poem every three days. I won't split hairs though - they were the first to deem anything I wrote worthy of acceptance, and I will always have a special place in my heart for their website. For that reason, it saddens me to see that BLPotD has gone on hiatus until January 2008. I hope that the nice people there get things back and running. I will probably sit a poem or two aside to send to them in case they do.

And in case you caught on from the title, I am knee deep in Shakespeare's sonnets right now. I hope no one is ever compared to a day like today - there was nothing pleasant about the brain-draining heat we are getting right now. Will's sonnets are making me work quite hard, and I feel better for it. Hooray for getting back to college. Hooray.

No comments: