Drawing by Zena Cardman

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Digital My Ass.

I was pretty pumped 11 days ago when I bought a new 500 GB external drive for my laptop. I was thrilled by the ability to put all the music and photos I wanted to on the drive and not clutter up my computer. Well, 11 days after the purchase, I became aware that such hopes would not come to fruition.

My external drive crashed tonight after 11 days of normal use. I was nowhere near capacity on the thing. All the files I transferred to the Western Digital My Book were legit files - nothing corrupt.

So tonight I've been showering Western Digital's support team with candy. "Fuck You!" flavored candy. How have they responded? By sending me straight to their FAQ section of their website. I think I am going to send them to the Fuh-Q section of this website, once I make it. Don't buy Western Digital products. Money down the drain.

No comments: