Drawing by Zena Cardman

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Roosevelt Hill


View Larger Map

I know the image right there is awful looking, but just click the 'view larger map' to see what I am talking about.

I went for a bike ride this morning, and found my favorite ride in the whole town in the process. Roosevelt Road drops really quickly and has some great turns in it. When flying down Roosevelt, stay straightish onto Hillview to remain on blacktop instead of gravel, and cross over Plant to bottom out at Dickenson. It is a great time, and you can ride the sidewalk on E. Franklin to get there. If I had someone to shuttle me back to the top, I'd probably coast this hill all day. I can't imagine that the longboarding crowd doesn't know about this place. Best yet, it is a quiet area will hardly any traffic! Wooooo.

No comments: